Community ServicesForms
Community Services
Community Services page banner


Submit your comments or complaints to the Municipal office.  Requests, comments or complaints must be submitted in writing and signed for consideration.  Complaints are confidential, however you may be contacted by the appropriate department for further information.

Comment/Complaint Form General 

Community Complaint Form (Specific to water) - All complaints specific to municipal water must be filed using this form



 Municipal Zoning Compliance 

Official Plan / Rezoning / Minor Variance Application - Inquire at the municipal office for additional information about making an official plan amendment, zoning amendment or minor variance for your property. 

Application For Consent- The Central Almaguin Planning Board is open on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Questions regarding this form can be directed to their office by calling (705)386-2573.

Helpful building information:

 Checklist for Building                                

Checklist for all Building Permits


Public Works Request For Work - Complete this form to request work or an estimate for work to be done by public works at your property, such as culvert installation, new water service installation, etc.

Helpful information:

Guide To Frozen Water Services - Be prepared for winter and read this guide to help prevent your water lines from freezing.

Community Special Events Form - Please complete this form and submit to the Village of South River office for event(s) you would like to hold in the Village.

Permanent Dog License Form- For you to complete when applying for a dog license. You can email the completed form to or bring it with you when you come to pay and pick up your tag.

Administration Fee Schedule - A list of fees for administrative services.

Public Works Fee Schedule - A list of fees for services provided by Public Works.

Community Development Fee Schedule - A list of fees and deposits for Zoning Amendments and Consents

Tax Sale Fee Schedule - A List of set fees and charges schedules for Tax Sale Services

 2024 Recycling Calendar- you can also pick up a paper copy at the Municipal office at 63 Marie St. 



The Village of South River has implemented a licencing program for backyard hens. As part of the new bylaw, any person who keeps hens within the Village must have a licence and meet the applicable conditions. The new bylaw requires minimum sizes for hen coops and hen runs, based on best practices for backyard hen care. A one-time fee of $100.00 will apply for licencing. For those who owned hens at the time of passing of the bylaw, there will be no fee charged.

Other key elements of the bylaw:

  • A maximum of 6 hens are permitted
  • Roosters and other poultry are prohibited.
  • Sale of the products of hens (eggs, meat, etc.) is prohibited.
  • Slaughtering of hens within the Village is prohibited.
  • Disposing of manure or dead hens in municipal garbage is prohibited.

License applications must be on the form attached below and contain the following information:

  • Proof of ownership of the property or a letter of permission from the landlord
  • A detailed site plan showing all buildings and structures on the property, the sizes and setbacks of buildings and structures, and the proposed size, location, and setbacks if the hen coop and hen run.
  • Proof at the time of submission that the applicant is over 18 years of age. Photo ID is required.
  • Any additional documentation as required to evaluate the application. (Determined by the Village on a case-by-case basis)

Once the application and license fee has been received, the applicant must schedule a site inspection with the Municipal Law Enforcement Officer before the application can be approved. Inspections may be scheduled by calling the Village Office or by emailing

Applicants are encouraged to review the following information to familiarize themselves on the proper care of backyard hens, and how to prevent and address disease in their flocks.


Application or License to Keep Hens: Online Version Or Printable Version 

By law 49-2022 To Regulate the Keeping of Poultry and Livestock

Online Information Sheet

Helpful links:

Canadian Food Inspection Agency - How to Prevent and Detect Disease in Small Flocks

OMAFRA - Biosecurity Recommendations for Small Flock Poultry Owners

OMAFRA - How to Raise Healthy Small Flock Poultry

OMAFRA - Rodent Control in Livestock and Poultry Facilities

Ministry of Health - Keeping your Family Healthy With Backyard Poultry

Canadian Agri-Food Research Council - Recommended code of practice for the care and handling of pullets, layers and spent fowl

Grant-in-Aid Application- Is your group or organization seeking financial support from the Village? Click on the link to learn how.

Taxi License Application - A taxi license is required by by-law. This application must be accompanied by the required documentation and applicable fee.